Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snap, Crackle and Wheeze


The purpose of today’s post is for some muchly needed venting. I am so tired of CF today! The constant cough, uncooperative mucous, having to fight off cold’s and what seems like every other virus’ out there is getting a little frustrating! I did a course of IV antibiotics in October and was feeling great afterwards… Now… not so much.  I believe I got ONE week of good energy, clear and dry cough’s and the overall feeling of wellness. After that, mucous began to build again in my lungs and I just haven’t been able to get it all out. I’m tired of dealing with the harsh cough that makes you turn purple, the overflowing mucous, and the need for hours and hours of rest to try to keep things at bay. It’s just too much sometimes.
Balance. Balance is one of the things that is most important in life to me and right now the CF card is weighing WAY too much on one side.
Last night my ever so lovely lungs allowed me to fall asleep to sounds similar to the ones I would hear when pouring milk over some rice crispies. Snap, crackle and pop (or wheeze in my case). This was after getting home late then having to spend a bloody hour and a half getting my stupid physio, meds, sinus’, and blood sugar dealt with. After a night filled with endless coughs, I woke up feeling a little jaded towards my CF.
But now, as I write whilst shaking away from this vest, inhaling hypertonic saline and hacking up whatever I can… I have to remember the little moments of goodness in life. Whether it’s listening to my husband strum away on my Dad’s old 1973 acoustic guitar, or watching funny dog video’s on Youtube.  Today is a day to remember those little things and to put the snap, crackles and wheezes aside.
There. Venting accomplished! Take that CF.

No comments:

Post a Comment