Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Beautiful Gifts


 I believe that the universe works in mysterious ways. I believe that if you want something bad enough (in some, but not all cases) it will somehow, sometime happen. 
 A couple weeks ago, James received a bit of an odd phone call. It was from a travel agent from the flight centre in downtown Vancouver saying we had an anonymous gift for he and I to fly almost anywhere in the world. The skeptic in me thought there must be a catch because it was too good to be true. A few days later, we went to the flight centre and discovered there actually were no strings attached… no catch… no scam. We were free to travel to wherever our hearts desired! Are you kidding me!? AMAZING! I was literally speechless sitting there in the travel centre with tears in my eyes. This was after a morning filled with the harsh reminders of the downfalls of having CF followed by a good old bathtub meltdown.  Suffice it to say, this surprising and remarkable piece of good news had spectacular timing.

Since then James and I have enjoyed just thinking about the possibilities. I’m still completely blown away by this incredibly generous gift and wanted to share this news to let people know that the pure goodness in the world still exists!

I consider James and I to be incredibly lucky people and I believe certain people have come into our lives for certain reasons. Whether they’ve provided support, taught us what strength means and how to use it, how to be patient, how to appreciate the little joys in life or have provided us with opportunity to travel freely! The words thank you can’t possibly begin to express our gratitude and appreciation towards those people, in particular to that person who gave us this opportunity. But, thank you will just have to do… so to whoever you are, THANK YOU! Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. You have earned your beautiful gifts Kim. This! Is a wonderful wednesday morning read. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim, that is so great!! Have fun choosing your destination, and then have an absolutely amazing trip!

    ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both deserve the world! This person obviously believes that too :)
    xoxoxo

    Deb, Kyle and Siena

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..... yes my pretty little Kimbalina there is a Santa Claus .... all you have to do is believe and I believe this couln't have possibly happened to two better people!
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful for you and James - and imagine how ecstatic the gift giver must be to be able to give you this gift. I think it would be up there with the best "10" happy feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing and fantastic gift...you and James deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing!!! you're going to have such a good time- you'll have to hit the surf Kim, enough with the saline infusion/breathing thingy, get a dose au natural! Vxxx

    ReplyDelete